Hi, I'm Beth Hanson. Welcome to Housewife Harmony.
Housewife Harmony is set up to encourage christain wives and young ladies,(wives to be) to love their husbands and be the keeper of the home that God wants us to be.
I hope you find these ideas and personal challenges helpful and encouraging.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Boxwood wreath

Looking through the latest catalogs, an attractive boxwood wreath kept showing up. Boxwood wreaths can be very expensive even if their made of fake materials. Before Christmas I was given some boxwood sprigs and instantly I new what I would like to attempt to make with them. A simple nine inch wire wreath backing from AC Moore cost about $3.00. The cream ribbon cost $2.00. I had floral wire. This little project took me about an hour. I made two and still have them both up on display. Their good for all seasons. Had I purchased a single boxwood wreath, of the same size, including shipping,  It would have cost me close to $25.00. With the left over sprigs of boxwood I placed them in an ordinary vase then insurted the vase in an opaque gift bag. I use it in the bathroom to add color and interest to the vanity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment