Hi, I'm Beth Hanson. Welcome to Housewife Harmony.
Housewife Harmony is set up to encourage christain wives and young ladies,(wives to be) to love their husbands and be the keeper of the home that God wants us to be.
I hope you find these ideas and personal challenges helpful and encouraging.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

$41.00 Weekend Project

This is the transformation of a Salvation Army special! I'm very pleased with the results. I spent $30.00 on this makeshift console table, $7.00 on black rustolium paint, and $4.00 for two new brushed nickel door knobs. Here are some before and after photos to help encourage you to look for cheap makeover projects for your home!

Because we have our main phone on the top of this shelving unit, I needed to have posted notes close at hand. I stuck this self sticking set of posted notes on the inside of the left door. This way their close and convenient but not in sight. Lime green doesn't exactly fit in with our decor.

Sometimes you really need to use alot of imagination when searching for diamonds in the rough. Make sure that everything is doable. If your not handy, stay away from major fixer-uppers. Keep to a piece that only need's a new coat of paint and hardware.
This whole project was really fun. I can't wait to get my hands on another weekend project!

2 comments: