Hi, I'm Beth Hanson. Welcome to Housewife Harmony.
Housewife Harmony is set up to encourage christain wives and young ladies,(wives to be) to love their husbands and be the keeper of the home that God wants us to be.
I hope you find these ideas and personal challenges helpful and encouraging.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Dear Lord, Help me to be a Godly Wife

Due to all the positive responses from my last post "Dear Lord, send me a husband", I was inspired to write more on the topic of marriage. Here are five things that I hope you find helpful whether your married or still waiting upon the Lord for your other half to arrive.

  1. Unconditional Respect is HUGE! Respect is something everyman needs. When his wife is disrespectful in her attitude, words, or even non-verbal communications, he takes it personally and will respond harshly...almost 100% of the time. Unconditional respect is one of the biggest ways you show your husband that you love him! when you do this he'll respond to you in love and kindness. Don't shoot yourself in the foot....if you know what I mean.
  2. Admire him! This is also essential for a healthy relationship. Take a good look at your husbands best qualities( both inward and outward) and complement him daily! Woman are not the only ones that desire nice complements.
  3. Honesty really is the best policy! This goes before and after marriage!( In our first week of dating, Erik asked me many questions, trying to get to know me. I can remember being worried that I might give an answer that he wouldn't approve of. Turned out I was made for Erik and my honesty to his questions revealed that. Had I answered the way I thought he would like me to, I could have ruined our budding relationship.
  4. Help him! Find out (Ask him) specific tasks that he expects you to do to help him. for Example, I help my husband by preparing all the meals, keeping a clean orderly home, pay the bills, clean the laundry,etc. A wife was created to be a helpmate for her husband. If you find yourself so consumed with work that hubby and the house both get neglected, reconsider working outside of the home.
  5. Support him! As the head of the home, your husband has the God given responsibility to make the final decision. As wives, we have our God given responsibility to submit to our husband and that decision. Take my advice, submit and support your husband even if you don't agree. I have seen many times that my husbands decision turned out to be the best. I've also seen how God has worked in my husbands life when he makes the wrong decision. Remember, God has the power to change our husbands into better men, let Him do it. Don't try to take over and in the process miss out on a huge blessing!
There is so much more to write on this topic. Please let me know if these postings are helpful and you wish to see more. Encouraging wives and wives to be is a passion of mine.
God bless you!
Beth

4 comments:

  1. Good post Bethany. I like what you said:
    "Remember, God has the power to change our husbands into better men, let Him do it. Don't try to take over and in the process miss out on a huge blessing!" I think this is a mistake alot of women make. God's model for women is to submit to the authority of their husbands, not stepping up and taking charge because we think we can do it beter. It reminds me of in Genesis 3:16 where God said to Eve "Yet your desire will be for your husband, And he will rule over you." We must obey God and submit to our authority, whether husbands or in my case since I am not married, my father, and let God take care of the decisions they make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such an encouraging comment. I agree 100%.You are very Wise to look at your father the way you do. You will make a great wife someday. God Bless you.

      Delete
  2. Thanks Bethany, I hope to. It's easier to say than it is always to apply :) . By God's grace I hope to succeed in this area of obedience. I know if I start now on my father, it will be alot easier with my future husband.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post, Bethany! All things that I have thought about before, but wonderful to actually hear from a wife. (and from one who is not much older than I am.) :-D Keep up the good work, I would love to hear more from you.
    BTW, I don't know if you can change this or nor, or if anyone else has trouble with it, but the font on the comments is a little difficult to see. :-)

    ReplyDelete