Hi, I'm Beth Hanson. Welcome to Housewife Harmony.
Housewife Harmony is set up to encourage christain wives and young ladies,(wives to be) to love their husbands and be the keeper of the home that God wants us to be.
I hope you find these ideas and personal challenges helpful and encouraging.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Spring Fever!

























Yes, I have spring fever! Every year about this time, my love for winter and all the the snow goes right out the window! Spring and all it's splendors occupy my mind constantly. When pouring over the seed catalogs just isnt enough I begen planting things indoors and adding dirt to replenish old houseplants. Bulbs are really cheap after November and for good reason (you cant plant them in frozen ground) But planting them in pots for an early spring indoors is a great idea! It gives the kids a chance to see something growing closeup and it gives you the feeling that spring is here....mind games help to keep the spring fever at bay. Then after your bulbs have bloomed and the ground is soft enough outside, you can plant the bulbs outdoors for less then half the price.
Boraxo is a powdered soap with a gritty consistency to help wash dirty, grimy hands to perfection. Its the only soap I run to after gardening. It also works wonders to your hands after greasing your pans or baking with crisco. I keep a can at the kitchen sink as well as in the laundry room.

1 comment:

  1. Bethany, I loved this picture of you on the floor with dirt. Let me share my early suzie homemaker days - on a tight budget - but wanting to pot plants without nasty plant eating bugs - and couldn't waste money buying dirt (potting soil).

    I dug up some dirt - put it in used aluminum throw away pans - an baked it in the oven to kill all those nastly microscopic plant root eating bugs.

    Some Advice - Don't bake dirt! It'll take forever to remove the horrible smell from the house!

    I can't believe I actually buy dirt now. And water too! Things have certainly changed.

    I do so enjoy seeing you enjoy life via this blog. GOD BLESS

    ReplyDelete